Home Loan Plus Program
The Mississippi Development Authority(MDA), Community Services Division will provide Mississippi Home Corporation (MHC) HOME funds to provide grants to qualified low income individuals to purchase homes.
- Property must meet local housing quality standards in areas with local building codes or written clearance from either a licensed Home Inspector or US HUD approved appraiser, that the property meets Section 8 Housing Quality Standards.
- May be used with FHA, VA, USDA-RHS, Rural Development Direct or Guaranteed loans, Habitat for Humanity loans and approved Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac 30-year conventional loans with Private Mortgage Insurance.
- The City of Jackson, City of Hattiesburg and a consortium that includes the City of Gulfport, City of Biloxi and unincorporated areas of Harrison County are not eligible to use Home Loan Plus.
- Can be used if constructing a new home.
- May be used with the following MHC programs: Mortgage Revenue Bond with no cash advance (MRB), Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC)
- No Reservation Fee to participate