Home Loan Plus Program
This program provides grants to qualified low income individuals to purchase homes. It is funded by the Mississippi Development Authority(MDA), Community Services Division under the HOME Program of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Can be used if constructing a new home.
- No Reservation Fee to participate
- May be used with FHA, VA, USDA-RHS, Rural Development Direct or Guaranteed loans, Habitat for Humanity loans and approved Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac 30-year conventional loans with Private Mortgage Insurance.
- May be used with the following MHC programs: Mortgage Revenue Bond with no cash advance (MRB), Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC)
- Property must meet local housing quality standards in areas with local building codes or written clearance from either a licensed Home Inspector or US HUD approved appraiser, that the property meets Section 8 Housing Quality Standards.
- The program is not available inside the cities of Jackson, Hattiesburg, Gulfport, Biloxi, or the unincorporated areas of Harrison County. These jurisdictions administer their own allocations of HOME funds they receive directly from the federal government.